Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spartan Race

 This morning I got up at 530am and ran with my friend Terri 8 wonderful miles with our dogs.  After our run, I talked to Jon and he was not able to do his Spartan race today.  I headed home and ate and changed and met him there.  Jon signed in and I took his number.  I ran with 5 of his Navy members.  We started off so clean and feeling great. 
 The obstacles were harder and longer then Tough Mudder (last years race). 
 Even this soapy climb was not bad.  O yea if you did not finish the obstacle or did not do it you had to do 30 burpies.  They were not fun!
 Picture below shows me going to the area to do my burpies.  I missed my one throw grenade toss.
 Then we climbed a rope, first I fell in to the cold water then I climbed.  Not easy when it is covered in mud!  Yea I missed the top and more burpies for me...

 The end was my favorite cause it was easier and less muddy.

 Over all it was a wonderful race and hope I can do this with Jon next year.

O yea Jon hurt his neck a couple of days ago and he can not turn his neck.  The doctor said pinch nerve but it is not getting better, hints he did not race. 
I am bet and going to bed.  lol

No comments: